Sweet Lemon: Colorful DIY Projects



I'm super excited to be writing again for Sweet Lemon Magazine! Sweet Lemon is a fun and fashion forward magazine that allows young women get creative and inspire others to do the same. It's a lifestyle online magazine complete with articles on design, art, fashion, careers, and lots more. For issue 6, I was asked to create a Do it Yourself project. After much thought, I decided to create three projects using pretty paint colors. The first is a Mason Jar Swirl Vase. The other two projects are two different techniques I use to make abstract art. All three projects have step-by-step directions! My article starts on page 85.  Let me know what you think :)

Special thanks to Stephanie of Big Mario Life {& Stephanie Court Photography} for capturing the projects.  She is so fun and talented with her camera. We were laughing and talking the whole time we were shooting the project for the magazine. Here are a few teasers from the day...
instagramming, of course:)

Head over to Sweet Lemon Magazine to read the complete issue, featuring Inslee as the cover girl! Talk about talented! Thank you to the girls at SL for inviting me to share a little DIY with the readers.
***
On another note, I've recently renewed my love for painting. Art has always been one of my favorite hobbies, as I grew up taking classes ever since I can remember. Many pieces I've done are hanging in my parent's home, but while being away at school I haven't had time to do much painting. This Summer rolled around and I had a lot of time on my hands, so I've been painting a lot more. I think I've sort of found my groove and "style". I'm excited to announce that I'll be listing some of my abstract paintings for sale on the blog soon.  More details coming soon :)

Enjoy your Tuesday! 
Love,
Photobucket
PS. You can also catch me over at Swanky Chic Fete sharing my five favorites for fall!

12 comments

  1. Can we commission you to paint something for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the feature--these projects are so cute!

    -Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your paintings :) I'm sure they will be awesome !

    http://classysmile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to be a part of. I hadn't seen that magazine before. And how wonderful that you will pursue painting again. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. accck, forgot to mention your artwork :( not too late to add that!

    congrats on the feature at SL! and thanks for visiting us today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All right! Off to check it out ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great feature, I always love a fun DIY paint project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Michaela! What a cool feature and I just love the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the feature, Michaela! I'm so excited to see your paintings. I think it is wonderful that you are sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the swirly mason jar! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the feature Michaela! I look forward to seeing your paintings. I love the pink one you're working on in that photo. Hope you open your Etsy shop soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the feature Michaela! Can't wait to see more of your paintings. How exciting and so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top