In the Kitchen: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins



I mentioned a while back that I made the decision to go gluten-free for a while, in hopes of solving some headache and muscle pain/tension problems. I'm happy to report I feel so, so, so much better since doing it! I know it's a crazy trend right now, but I can actually see why now. Before my Dr's suggesting it to me I was really skeptical, but now I'm sold. Our foods are so processed these days, it's crazy! Cutting out gluten {which is wheat, for those of you wondering} takes away a lot of processed foods and helps you focus on eating more fruits and veggies. It's also made me want to bake and cook more, trying lots of new recipes. 


Today I'm sharing my FAVORITE banana chocolate chip muffin with you. If you've tried gluten-free products you know they're sometimes gummy, dense, or dry. Not these, trust me! It's moist and delicious. One of my best friend's is gluten free, so she's been able to give me recipes she knows are already really good. The key to this one are the three types of flour. It sounds high maintenance, but it's what make them fluffy and moist.  This muffin recipe comes from The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook, adapted by my friend Kate.
















They're so good, even Hope wanted one. Okay, I caved and gave her a small piece after this picture :)

Ingredients



Steps:


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil muffin tins or line with paper muffin cups.

2. In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients: flours, sugar, xanthan gum, baking soda and powder, and salt. Mix well.

3. Mash the bananas in a separate bowl. You should need about 4 bananas to give you 2 cups.

4. Mix together wet ingredients: almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla. Whisk in mashed bananas. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix together. Do not over mix. Gently fold in chocolate chips.

5. Spoon bater into oiled muffin tins. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Loosen sides with a knife and let cool on wire rack.

Enjoy the most tasty muffins ever :) Let me know if you have any good recipes or if you try this one.

Happy Monday!
xoxo
Photobucket

12 comments

  1. Thank you thank you thank you for posting a gluten free recipe! I love chocolate chip banana muffins but haven't been able to find a good gluten free recipe in years. I will most definitely be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie and I can't wait to try it! I plan on making an apple-cranberry crisp out of the cookbook I mentioned for Bunco tomorrow night. Will let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so delicious!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I'll have to try them out. P.S., LOVE your dress! xoxo

    www.sweetsandcelebrations.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear going GF has helped you! i saw drastic improvements when i went GF, so i'm a believer! i'm always looking for good GF recipes. will have to try this one. i like using both almond & rice flour for GF cooking and baking. haven't had much luck with the bean flours though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound yummy! A friend of mine is eating gluten-free so I will have to make a batch for her, and me! That photo of you and Hope is so cute Michaela. Darling dress you have on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a yummy combination and we can trick ourselves into thinking its healthy with the fruit in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so delicious! It's so hard to find things that are gluten-free and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect timing as I am trying to cut out more and more processes foods!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where do you buy most of your ingredients? Regular grocery store??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top