Michigan Snow Trip Recap


Last week I was in Michigan visiting my boyfriend and his family. We had the best time! This California girl was freeeeezing, but made do with warm accessories :) His family took me on their adventure to cut down their Christmas tree, which was a first for me! We always just go to a lot and pick it out (they're already cut down in California I guess), so it was very fun to see this whole process. There were even some gorgeous horses giving rides around the tree farm, which if I wasn't so cold, we totally would have done.  

One of the days I was there, we went to the holiday symphony down town with Ashley and her husband. The music was gorgeous and I always love a good excuse to dress up! Here are a few pictures from our trip...

This picture makes it look like I cut down the tree with the saw in my hand, but don't be fooled...he did all the work!

My favorite picture of us :)



Sledding with his nephew:

It was a blizzard, so we threw on coats and hats and went outside for a picture...naturally. He's quickly learning about my obsession with my camera and pictures. Such a good boyfriend.  



So thankful for a best friend (Ashley) who introduced me to a wonderful (and really handsome) man. God is good and I feel beyond blessed! The snow was the cherry-on-top of the perfect week. 

Do you live somewhere it snows? And do you get to cut down your tree? Do share! Only 2 days until Christmas. I can hardly believe it!
xoxo
Photobucket

22 comments

  1. You two are so cute together... And he really is handsome ;). We get snow here but I have to admit I've never cut down my own tree. We do artificial or at the most go to a tree stand and pick one out :). It does look like fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaela - I have this weird feeling of honor to see my hometown featured in such a lovely way on your blog! Even the crazy early December blizzard! And you're right, it was SO cold! Good excuse to buy and actually use all the fun fuzzy winter gear :) Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look great! I'm sure Michigan was quite the adjustment from the Bay Area. ;) Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pictures! You two are beyond adorable together! I live in WI so yes, we got lots of snow yesterday and I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous photos! Michigan is really beautiful this time of year. My MIL lives on the water. However, agree...so cold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those photos are magical! So much snow! What a gorgeous couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. K how did I miss this update?! Congrats on the bf honey! He seems like a really great, down to earth guy and you totally deserve it! Happy Holidays love. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeep! i love these photos so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such gorgeous pics!!! Merry Christmas, cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are so magical! And you and your man are too cute together. So happy for you, friend! Let's catch up soon! Merry Christmas :) xo

    www.sweetsandcelebrations.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that picture of you and your new handsome beau too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures Michaela! :) Looks like a wonderful trip! We get far less snow out here now, but when I was growing up there was always plenty of snow in the Toronto area and my Dad took us to the same tree farm every year to cut down our own tree! We loved it. He still goes to the same tree farm and I wish we could be there to go with him! Have a Merry Christmas pretty lady! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet!! The scenery is gorgeous! I love the snow, but by Feb/March I'm ready for it to melt haha Hope all is well with you!

    Have a very Merry Christmas :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. These pictures are so sweet and make me feel all Christmassy! You two look so happy!!

    xoxo
    Stacey
    Five Minute Style 

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like fun! Those horses are beautiful! I'm sure it was pretty cool to see the winter wonderland when you are use to San Francisco!

    ReplyDelete
  16. waaaayyy too much snow here in minnesota!
    so glad that you and your man have another trip together in the books! (well, a trip for you) - these pictures are STUNNING. i love the ones of you two. the location seems so magical!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I wish we were getting snow around here! It's been YEARS since we've had a white Christmas!

    You snagged quite a looker too! ;) You guys are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top