What I Bought in Chicago


This past weekend we went to Chicago for my birthday trip! If you follow me on instagram, you probably saw some of my insta stories along our trip. It was so fun to get away (only 3 hours away from where we live) and have a chance in scenery. Also fun was downtown Chicago has so many more stores than we do in Michigan ;) I drug my husband in Nordstrom to do some shopping, so I figured I'd show you everything I tried on + let you know what I bought.  It's my favorite place to shop because it's free shipping and free returns 100% of the time!

Don't worry, McCann had some fun, too, and he even got a nice new sweater for work:


Alright, here's what I tried on! And a little trick for the bank account-- I mostly shop in the BP department, which is technically "juniors", but their stuff fits and is super cute. It's also a lot cheaper than other departments!

My main goal was to find a new pair of brown boots. And YAY I did! The brown boots to the left and below are so cute and comfy. I love the distressed finish + the exposed zipper. I also loved the littel gray suede bootie, but with cut out sides, they didn't make sense for the snowy winters we have here...darn :(

My lace extender that I wear all the time is from one of my fave shops, Grace & Lace (they were on Shark Tank!!)


Next I tried on a really cute, lightweight black top with a bow tie. I was wearing leggings that day, so that's what I tried all the tops on with, but I think this top would be super cute with jeans cuffed and booties.


This dress has a velvety texture + open shoulders. Super cute for fall, I think! It comes in a few other colors and is under $50.


I love this swoopy plaid button up (and so does my husband!)  It's cute with leggings or jeans.


This was my favorite sweater. It's oversized, so I sized down. It's warm, has a nice soft texture and I love the color!

This flowy top was so cute and I loved the pattern! It's a navy background with a pretty graphic floral pattern. I would wear it with jeans and brown boots!

This was a plaid flannel button up. It wasn't my favorite thing ever, because I think it added volume. It's cute, but it didn't make me feel amazing!

Favorite buy of the day!!! Softest longsleeve sweater ever. It's casual, but I think it could be dressed up with some fun jewelry, black skinnies and heels. It's also really great with colored denim. Comes in 4 colors. Might be ordering the red one :)


Loving the tie at the neck trend! Simple and sweet top to wear with skirts, jeans, leggings!


 Another favorite! You can't go wrong with stripes. And this striped tee is under $20! I got an XS because it runs a little big. It's out in the black and white color, but this maroon and navy color is adorable too! Here are some other classic stripe shirts and sweaters



Don't forget to take advantage of the Nordstrom Sale. Here are all my favorite picks for under $100. Most are even under $50!



Hope this helps some of you with some winter shopping!

Happy Monday!
xoxo


Photobucket

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top