2016 in Review

Happy January! I can't believe it! I hope you had fun ringing in 2017 with loved ones. Today I'm recapping our 2016 with you before we move on to this new season. It's been quite the year!

In January we had our engagement pictures taken by Danielle. It was so fun to get these beautiful images taken of us to celebrate our engagement and to remember this time!


My old apartment tour was featured on Style Me Pretty Living! I love our current apartment, but that one sure does have a special place in my heart.

I asked my best girlfriends to be my bridesmaids with cute little boxes from Box + Bow! (They all said yes :))

I had the chance to work on many beautiful client projects this year; this California sea-inspired family room being one of my favorites!

In May I moved into our first place and got it all ready (read: decorated) for September when McCann moved in. I shared moving tips here and showed you our apartment tour here on Move in day:

In the Spring, my brother graduated from Baylor University, so I decided it was wellll worth a trip to Waco, TX to see him graduate. My whole family knew the real reason I was there ;) Visiting Magnolia Market at the Silos for the first time was dreamy!!! But also, congrats on graduating little brother! :)

In June, my brother tied the knot to his beautiful wife, Amy! I was a bridesmaid and had the honor of giving a speech at the reception. My friend Ashley photographed their big day stunningly.

Being a bride to be is so sweet. My heart swells thinking about the beautiful bridal showers my family and friends through me! Here is my tea-party family shower and here is my friends Michigan shower.


You may know I'm the co-founder of The Bloom Workshop, where we teach creative women in business how to develop their skills even further and have a super successful business! This year we traveled to Florida and Southern California for our big two-day workshops and stayed local for our smaller workshops here in Michigan. All four events were a hit and we can't wait to reveal where we're coming to in 2017! Here's one picture from each workshop:

April in Ann Arbor, Michigan

May in the Gulf Coast, Florida

July in Holland, Michigan

October in San Clemente, California

Find out more about our workshops here!


WE GOT MARRIED in September!! Clearly, that's the most exciting part of 2016 for us :) I wrote a really honest post about wedding planning here. Our wedding was featured on Style Me Pretty here, all captured perfectly by Danielle Poff Photography. I'm saving our wedding video to share with you in a few weeks, so be sure to come back! :)


We went on a DREAMY honeymoon to Maui and we decided we want to live there one day. What a huge blessing to have experienced this beautiful island together! I seriously could cry happy tears thinking about our trip. We are so thankful.

Getting our first married christmas tree and celebrating the holidays together was also really special!


Of course, this is just the highlight reel. We also experienced a lot of heartache in the year as we lost my husband's father to cancer in January. We learned how to grieve together and support one another in the hardest of times. There were many days we didn't think we could carry on, but the gracious love of Jesus carried us through.

I hope that through the joys and struggles of 2016, you have learned about yourself and experienced the nearness of God. Thank you so much for reading this little blog of mine and following along as I continue to share our life, our love, our home, client projects and workshops with you. I am SO grateful for you!

Stay tuned for my January goals coming later this week.

Here's to 2017!
xoxo
Photobucket

1 comment

  1. Loved revisiting the highlights. So many wonderful memories were made. Will be thinking of you both this month as I know it will be hard approaching the one year anniversary of your loss. God bless you sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top